Below is an outline of plans of the Trenton R-9 School district for sports and activities for the summer of 2020.
- No sports or activities practices or contests unless connected with graduation ceremonies and approved by a principal or superintendent.
- Drivers’ Ed will be canceled this summer. We plan to have classes next summer.
- Beginning June 1, groups of ten or less will be able to meet for conditioning.
- Workouts will be for 30-45 minutes at hour intervals (to allow for arrival/departure) and all social distancing guidelines will be followed during workouts.
- Workouts will not involve balls or sports-specific instruction. Workouts will be general aerobic and anaerobic conditioning and body-weight exercises.
- Workouts will be conducted outdoors. No indoor facilities will be used.
- Activities (Band, choir, cheer) may not meet in June without approval from a principal or superintendent.
- If the most current state and local guidance allows by June 30, open facilities for weights and sports-specific practices on Monday, July 6.
- Teams could have open gyms/mats/fields in the mornings until 3pm. Activities would be allowed time after 3pm.
- Teams would not compete against teams from other towns or travel out of town to compete.
- Activities may use the July dead period for practices or try-outs this year only.
- Assuming the most current state and local guidelines allow, return to normal practices and contests after August dead period.
Please be aware that these plans assume the best possible scenario unfolds in the coming months. Administration will use the most up-to-date information available and make adjustments closer to time if necessary. Our utmost concern is for the safety of our patrons and we will balance the desire to return to normal with the caution necessary under these circumstances. Thank you to our students, staff and patrons for working with us during these unique times.