Trenton R-IX Patrons Approve Levy Issue
Trenton, MO, April 3, 2019: The Trenton R-IX School District would like to thank the patrons of the district for approving the no tax Increase levy issue. By allowing the debt service levy to remain at $.90 the district will be allowed to borrow $7 million to complete several capital projects around the district.
What is next?
· During the May or June Board of Education Meeting, a representative from George K. Baum will recommend that the district approve a go to market resolution which will allow the sale of bonds to begin.
· By July or August, the $7 million will be generated and the district will receive those funds which will be deposited in the Fund 4, Capital Projects Fund.
· Meanwhile, the district will also be working with architects from Ellison-Auxier, who will complete the plans for the following projects:
- Performing Arts Center
- Corridor System
- THS/TMS Library Renovation
- S.M. Rissler Safe Entrance and Office Renovation
- Concession/Restroom facility at C.F. Russell Stadium
- When architectural plans are complete, the district will work with a General Contractor and construction will commence.
Again, thank you for meeting the district’s objective, “Supporting the Arts is a Safe Choice.”